Making a DrawingPoem
A “DrawingPoem” combines video of a drawing in action with audio of a recited poem. It captures and shares an unknowable energy that touches us deeply and quietly. It says what has to be said.
Everyone can make a DrawingPoem. Here's how:
- Fix your camera/phone in place and record yourself making a drawing.
- Write a poem.
- Record your voice reading the poem with your phone or other recording device.
- Put the drawing video into iMovie and speed it up to less than 60 seconds.
- Combine your aural poem file with the video.
- Export it. You've made a DrawingPoem!
Play with step 1 to 2 to find your own order.